Daily Gleaner, July 15, 1895 JASPER HALL
The splendid Mansion No. 36 Highholborn Street, Kingston, known as Jasper Hall is one of the finest residences in Kingston. It was built in 1756 and all the masonry and interior wool work is in good order.
The accommodations are ample for a large family and for a College or any public institution of the kind. Jasper Hall is well adapted,
The Rooms are large and lofty, the splendid drawing room upstairs being over 60 feet being approached by a magnificent staircase of solid mahogany, all the arches, floors and most of the other interior woodwork is of solid mahogany. There is a look-out from the top of the home which commands extensive views around.
The court yard of the residence is paved and extends to the lane. All the outbuildings are built of brick and if extra accommodations were required second stories could be added at a small cost and thus form two wings to the main building.
The coach-house and stables are substantial brick erections and approached by a separate entrance divided by a brick wall from the residence. The frontage of the residence in Highholborn Street is about 136 feet and the outer walls, steps, &c., &c., are in first rate order.
Attached to the residence and to be sold separately is an extensive plot of building land, having a frontage in Highholborn Street of about 210 feet and measuring from East to West (to the lane) about 150 feet. The land is admirably suited for building purposes and is large enough for the erection of several houses.